The holidays will be here before we know it! What’s better than a bit of time away from the office, a break from routine, and a great time to relax with our friends and family? How about a little shakeup? Let’s plan a getaway that is sure to be filled with happy holiday memories!
Holidays with friends and family are what make the time special and create unforgettable memories. A getaway with new memories will provide the holiday joy and cheer that everyone needs. Take a look at some great places we’ve highlighted to enjoy this season.
There’s no end to the number of amazing things you can do when you’re in Hurricane! The wider region offers plenty of opportunities to have fun outdoors. So why not get your trip to Hurricane off to a great start by taking a look at some of our top tips?
- Scenic day spent in Bryce Canyon National Park – a great spot for incredible photos!
- Magnificent hoodoos, or stone spires of red, orange & white
- Stunning rainbow-colored cliffs are seen throughout Zion Canyon
- Breathtaking colors & beautiful scenery throughout your trip
- The Hurricane Valley Christmas Tree Festival is a 2-Day festival that includes a tasty bake sale, over 20 vendors, continuous entertainment, a train display, huge prize drawings, and over 50 trees. The Hurricane Valley Christmas Tree Festival is unlike any other festival in that people can decorate trees, auction off the items only on the trees, or auction the whole tree for charity. There is truly something for every member of the family to enjoy.
Yellowstone Area (Island Park, ID)
Covered in a dense forest of pine and wildflowers, Island Park, ID is popular for many outdoor recreational activities for all ages. Here are some of the activities around the place.
Fun Throughout the Year
- Hiking one of the many trails in the Yellowstone/Island Park area
- Fly-fishing on Henry’s Fork of the Snake River
- The pristine forests and high-country meadows offer great habitat for wildlife
- Skiing and Snowmobiling around Island Park
- Visit Yellowstone by snowmobile or snow coach! The park reopens up to these two activities in December of each year. This is one of the most unique ways to see this absolutely beautiful place. Highly recommended!
- Harriman State Park is one the best places to cross-country ski! There’s no better time to visit than when the snow is fresh, either!
As an outlying community of Jackson, the town of Alpine is considered home to locals and visitors alike. Not only is there spectacular scenery, but Alpine and the surrounding areas offer endless access to outdoor adventure for the whole family. Regardless of the season, enjoy easy access to miles and miles of wilderness and outdoor recreation. Popular activities include:
Fun Throughout the Year
- Boating on the Palisades Reservoir
- Kayaking or rafting down the Snake River Canyon
- Hunting and hiking
- Horseback riding
- Skiing and snowmobiling
- Go Sleigh Riding in Jackson Hole. Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the magnificent National Elk Refuge. An expert guide will share information about the elk herd for an amazing up-close learning experience with unforgettable views. You may also hop on a cozy dinner sleigh ride.
- Get your holiday shopping done at the Holiday Art Bazaar, which takes place in December at the Snow King Hotel’s Grand Teton Ballroom & Mezzanine. You can browse holiday-themed artwork and handmade items to find the perfect gifts for a loved one.
- Don’t miss a visit to The Wort Hotel in downtown Jackson. The hotel will be decked out for the holidays with gorgeous lights and hosting its annual 12 Days of Christmas in December. From Gingerbread house decorating, to brunch with Santa, there will be fun activities for the entire family.
Make this holiday season one that you’ll never forget, with a trip to a Kabino in one of your favorite destinations. Just CLICK HERE to jump over to Kabino.com and pick out the perfect place for your stay! Happy holiday memories are ahead!
April showers bring May flowers! But also, the two months collectively provide lots of opportunities across the northwest for travel and entertainment. Planning a trip to the northwest? This might help you find festivals or events that you simply don’t want to miss!
Seattle in the Springtime
Enjoy the Northwest Art and Fine Craft Show April 13-14, 2019, with some 90 artists in various categories from jewelry, clothing and painting to glass art and sculptures. Held at Hangar 30 in Magnuson Park, there will also be food trucks. This show is also held in November.
The annual Cherry Blossom Festival is a fantastic way to celebrate Seattle’s friendship with Japan and its prized cherry trees gifted to the city in 1976. Come and find fun with Japanese art, dance, music, martial arts, and food at the Seattle Center from April 26-28, 2019.
May 16-June 9, 2019 brings the 45th Annual Seattle International Film Festival—America’s largest film festival. Top directors will be there along with actors and critics.
Of course you’ll need accommodations in the Seattle area, so be sure and spend some time choosing the perfect home away from home.
Jackson Hole/Tetons/Teton Village Events
April 1-16, 2019 is Spring Cycle Days in Yellowstone, where folks can enjoy the National Park before the roads open to motorized travel. Ride in the Park for free and spend a fabulous day (or longer) exploring by bike, on foot, or rollerblades (conditions allowing).
Jackson Hole offers a unique option for Memorial Day—Old West Days Celebration, held May 23-27, 2019. Visitors enjoy a parade, rodeo, Old West Brew Fest, Draft Horse Pull, Mountain Man Rendezvous, American Legion Memorial Services, Pipes for Peace, Single Action Shooting Match, and so much more! Check out area lodging for the best, most comfortable places to hang your hat.
Leavenworth, Washington Events
Good times are happening at the 13th Annual Leavenworth Ale Fest on April 13, 2019. Enjoy a great mix of breweries, cideries, music and all-around fun in Leavenworth’s beautiful alpine setting. New for 2019, the festival now serves as a benefit for local non-profit Icicle Creek Center for the Arts, helping to bring the arts to families and communities across North Central Washington.
May 18, 2019 don’t miss the 2019 Red Bull Pump Track World Championship—a 2nd Annual Qualifier race. There will also be a kid’s race for the little ones. And, speaking of kids, find your family-friendly vacation rental early for the best selection.
Whistler and Victoria, British Columbia, Canada for Fun Festivals
The World Ski & Snowboard Festival makes for five days of extreme fun April 10-14, 2019 in various locations around Whistler. This spring festival celebrates the Whistler mountain culture with winter sports, music, and the arts, including the world’s steepest ski and snowboard competition.
With hundreds of annual festivals and events, it’s always easy to find fun in British Columbia.
Victoria plays host to the 156th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival on May 18-20, 2019 at Topaz Park. This year the event has expanded even more, celebrating Scottish and Celtic music, arts, and culture with a Tartan Parade through downtown, a pub crawl, and tons of performing arts activities. This event is sure to bring a weekend of fun so make your accommodation reservations quickly.
Check out Victoria’s SwiftSure International Yacht Race from May 23-27, 2019, the largest yacht race on the West Coast of North America with more than 200 race boats and 1400 race crew members.
Spring Festivals on Oregon’s Coast
Are you a foodie? This just might be your kind of festival—Beer & Cheese Festival on April 13, 2019 in Rockaway Beach, Oregon looks to be delicious! Join brewers and cheesemakers as they pair their goods for partakers. There will be food trucks serving locally-sourced foods or you can dine at the Pelican Taproom. Proceeds will go to Food Roots, which will be on-site selling local foods. Leave with a little souvenir also—a free tote and logo tasting glass.
Less than an hour from Cannon Beach in Astoria, Oregon you can find the 37th Annual Astoria Warrenton Crab Seafood & Wine Festival with great coastal cuisine, arts and crafts, wine tasting, and more! The Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce hosts the festival held on April 26-28, 2019. Start the planning by searching for the best accommodations to call your home base.
Fun in Park City, Utah
Join the fun for the 1st Annual Utah Latin Dance Festival. Enjoy the biggest salsa and bachata festival in Utah history on May 3-5, 2019 for an unforgettable weekend of fun. The event takes place at the Double Tree by Hilton in Park City (world-renowned destination and home of the SunDance Film Festival). Choose a nearby condo or hideaway for a true destination getaway, complete with all the comforts of home, which you’ll long remember.
The Tulip Festival in Mt. Hood, Oregon
Highly-regarded and tons of fun, the Tulip Festival is the prized event of Mt. Hood and takes place March 23–April 29, 2019. This extensive festival is jam-packed with everything tulips as well as hayrides, a children’s play area, a Cow Train, food vendors, crafts, balloons and a huge variety of other activities. Be sure and visit the website for a schedule of events for this amazing event and book a lodging spot today!
San Juan Islands and Orcas Island, Washington for Spring
Orcas Island Lit Fest is designed to bring folks together who share the love of reading books with authors who love to write them. Less than a half an hour drive from San Juan Islands, guests can find Washingon vacation rentals at both places and be near the event which takes place April 5-7, 2019 at the Orcas Center. Come and participate in this annual celebration of literature.
Tour De Lopez is April 27, 2019 and is a non-competitive bicycle tour of Lopez Island, beginning in San Juan Islands. Every year there are lots of return riders, which speaks to the fun of this beautiful getaway.
This is by no means a complete listing, but a sampling from each area. There’s a lot of fun travel in the northwest, and we invite you to be a part of it all this spring!