The holidays will be here before we know it! What’s better than a bit of time away from the office, a break from routine, and a great time to relax with our friends and family? How about a little shakeup? Let’s plan a holiday getaway!
Holidays with friends and family are what make the time special and create unforgettable memories. With all that 2020 has brought us, a getaway with new memories will provide the holiday joy and cheer that everyone needs. Take a look at some great places we’ve highlighted to enjoy this season.
There’s no end to the number of amazing things you can do when you’re in Hurricane! The wider region offers plenty of opportunities to have fun outdoors. So why not get your trip to Hurricane off to a great start by taking a look at some of our top tips?
- Scenic day spent in Bryce Canyon National Park – a great spot for incredible photos!
- Magnificent hoodoos, or stone spires of red, orange & white
- Stunning rainbow-colored cliffs are seen throughout Zion Canyon
- Breathtaking colors & beautiful scenery throughout your trip
- Just a short drive from Hurricane, UT is a spooky haunted tour that will get you in the Halloween spirit. Test your bravery with a night of ghost stories provided by Southern Utah Paranormal in the More Than Ghost Stories program. Participate in crafts and games while at Haunted Homestead and return for a tour through the Cedar City Cemetery. Oct 9-10th.
- The Jubilee of Trees is the largest showcase of custom-designed Christmas trees between Salt Lake City and Las Vegas. It has gone virtual this year due to the coronavirus situation, but it’s a stellar event. All proceeds benefit health services at Dixie Regional Medical Center. Nov 14-15.
- The Hurricane Valley Christmas Tree Festival is a 2-Day festival that includes a tasty bake sale, over 20 vendors, continuous entertainment, a train display, huge prize drawings, and over 50 trees. The Hurricane Valley Christmas Tree Festival is unlike any other festival in that people can decorate trees, auction off the items only on the trees, or auction the whole tree for charity. There is truly something for every member of the family to enjoy. Dec 13-14.
Yellowstone Area (Island Park, ID)
Covered in a dense forest of pine and wildflowers, Island Park, ID is popular for many outdoor recreational activities for all ages. Here are some of the activities around the place.
Fun Throughout the Year
- Hiking one of the many trails in the Yellowstone/Island Park area
- Fly-fishing on Henry’s Fork of the Snake River
- The pristine forests and high-country meadows offer great habitat for wildlife
- Skiing and Snowmobiling around Island Park
- In Idaho Falls, attend the 2020 Post Falls Christmas Vintage Show and Artisan Market which is held on November 20th. It will host an array of vintage and artisan vendors from throughout the northwest and beyond.
- Visit Yellowstone by snowmobile or snow coach! The park reopens up to these two activities on December 15. This is one of the most unique ways to see this absolutely beautiful place. Highly recommend!
- Harriman State Park is one the best places to cross-country ski! There’s no better time to visit than when the snow is fresh, either!
As an outlying community of Jackson, the town of Alpine is considered home to locals and visitors alike. Not only is there spectacular scenery, but Alpine and the surrounding areas offer endless access to outdoor adventure for the whole family. Regardless of the season, enjoy easy access to miles and miles of wilderness and outdoor recreation. Popular activities include:
Fun Throughout the Year
- Boating on the Palisades Reservoir
- Kayaking or rafting down the Snake River Canyon
- Hunting and hiking
- Horseback riding
- Skiing and snowmobiling
- Wyoming Stargazing program at Center for the Arts allows you to take in a magnificent view of the stars outside of busy city lights. On clear Fridays from 8:30-10:30 p.m, astronomers from Wyoming Stargazing have a Dobsonian telescope to look at planets, stars, nebulae, galaxies and more! There are also several iPads with the Star Walk application installed for guests to use.
- Go Sleigh Riding in Jackson Hole. Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the magnificent National Elk Refuge. An expert guide will share information about the elk herd for an amazing up-close learning experience with unforgettable views. You may also hop on a cozy dinner sleigh ride
- Get your holiday shopping at the Holiday Art Bazaar, which takes place in December at the Center for the Arts Lobby and Black Box Theater. Admission is free and you can browse holiday-themed artwork and handmade items to find the perfect gifts for a loved one.
- Don’t miss a visit to The Wort Hotel in downtown Jackson. The hotel will be decked out for the holidays with gorgeous lights and hosting its annual 12 Days of Christmas from December 7th through the 31st. From Gingerbread house decorating, to brunch with Santa, there will be fun activities for the entire family.
Make this holiday season one that you’ll never forget, with a trip to the Kabino in some of your favorite destinations. Just CLICK HERE to jump over to Kabino.com and pick out the perfect place for your stay!